To install XenServer Tools
XenServer Tools provides high performance Windows drivers and a management agent. You must install the tools on the following VMs:
- vDesktopDmC (domain controller VM)
- vDesktopDDC (Desktop Delivery Controller VM)
- vDesktopPvS (Provisioning Services VM)
- vBaseDesktop1 (base desktop VM)
For each of these VMs:
- Log on to pXenCenterComputer and click Start > All Programs > Citrix XenCenter.
- Start the VM on which you are going to install XenServer Tools and log on.
- In the XenCenter resources pane, select the VM and click VM > Install XenServer Tools on the menu bar.
- Click the Console tab in the properties pane to access the VM desktop and click Install XenServer Tools in the Install XenServer Tools dialog box.
- Read and accept the license agreement, and click Next.
- On the Choose Install Location page, accept the default location and click Install.
- When the installation is complete, select Reboot now and click Finish. The tools are installed when the VM restarts.
- To finalize the installation of the operating systems, apply all the recommended Microsoft updates after you have finished creating the VMs.