Installing XenApp Using the Wizard-Based Server Role Manager
To install XenApp using the wizard-based Server Role Manager:
- On the installation media, double-click autorun.exe. The Autorun menu launches.
- Select Install XenApp Server. The Server Role Manager launches and checks if any roles are already installed.
- Select Add server roles.
- Select your XenApp edition.
- Accept the End User License Agreement.
- Select the roles you want to add. (The Server Role Manager displays only the roles supported in the XenApp edition you selected. Some roles may require current Subscription Advantage membership.)
- Select role subcomponents.
Roles may have default and optional components such as management tools, plug-ins, or agents. Certain subcomponents may be selected by default when you select a role to add.
For example, when you select the XenApp role, the XenApp Management subcomponent is selected by default; this subcomponent includes the Delivery Services Console. If you prefer not to install the console on this server, you can deselect it. You can also select other available role subcomponents.If you are installing the XenApp role, the Optional Components list includes XML Service IIS Integration. When selected, the Citrix XML Service and IIS share a port (default = 80).
- If the server on which you are installing XenApp has IIS installed, the XML Service IIS Integration component is selected by default.
- If IIS is not installed, the component checkbox is not selected. In this case, if you select the checkbox, the Server Role Installer installs IIS. (If you do not install the XML Service IIS Integration component, the Citrix XML Service defaults to standalone mode with its own port settings, which you can configure using the XenApp Server Configuration Tool.)
The Citrix online plug-in and Citrix offline plug-in are installed automatically when you install the XenApp role. These plug-ins do not appear in the components lists, and you cannot disable these installations during a wizard-based installation.
- Review the prerequisites summary, which indicates which role or subcomponent needs the prerequisite, and whether the Server Role Installer installs it or you must install it. For software you must install, the display indicates whether the XenApp installation media contains the software or you must obtain it elsewhere.
- Review the summary, which lists the selected roles and subcomponents to be installed or prepared. It also lists prerequisites which will be automatically deployed for all selected roles.
After you click Install, a display indicates installation progress and the result.
- For installed fully integrated roles that require configuration, click Configure to launch the configuration tool for that role.
- For partially integrated roles, click Install to launch the installer for that role. See the role documentation for details.