If you are a current Citrix Subscription Advantage member, you are eligible to version upgrade to the latest release of Citrix products and upgrade your existing licenses to the license system used by these products.
Version Upgrade means the movement from any previous version of a product to the newest version of the product (for example, moving from XenApp 5.0 to XenApp 6.0).
Edition Upgrade means the purchase of a higher edition level of a product (for example, you currently have Advanced Edition and you purchase an upgrade to Enterprise Edition).
Upgrading the License Server
Citrix recommends that you install the newest license server. The new license server is backward compatible and will work with older products and license files; however, new products require the newest license server to check out licenses correctly. You can install or upgrade the latest version from the Citrix Web site (Downloads page).
Upgrade your licensing components before upgrading your product, if necessary. Uninstall any versions of Citrix Licensing older than version 11.3.
Unsure which version of the license server you have? See Ensuring You Have the Latest License Server.
For information about system requirements, see Prerequisites.
To upgrade the license server:
- From your license server, open the media for your product. You can also find the license components download on the Citrix Web site (Downloads page).
- If you do not see Setup, use Windows Explorer to open Autorun.exe.
- Navigate through the setup wizard screens to Citrix Licensing and follow the instructions.
Upgrading Licenses for Your Edition
If you decide to run a higher edition of a Citrix product (for example, XenApp Advanced to Enterprise), you must purchase an upgrade license and add it to the license server. You will also need to change the product edition setting in the product’s user interface. Citrix recommends that you plan to change the product edition setting during a time when there are not many connections to the affected servers or that you plan to redirect connections to another computer. When you change the product edition setting, you must restart the product server for changes to take effect. See the product’s documentation for changing the edition setting. If you add the upgrade license to the license server before you set the edition to the new edition, the Citrix product stops accepting new connections.
To upgrade edition licenses:
- From a Web browser, go to http://www.citrix.com.
- Click Log In and enter your user ID and password.
- Select All Licensing Tools.
- From the main menu, select Upgrade.
- Follow the site's options and instructions for upgrading your product edition licenses.
- Either download or order new media. An email message provides you with instructions to return to citrix.com to allocate or receive additional feature licenses.
- Log on to www.citrix.com to allocate your licenses, generate a license file, download the license file to your license server, and reread the file.