Access Gateway License Types
The Access Gateway has two types of licenses, the Platform and Universal License. The platform license is supported on the following Access Gateway versions:
- Access Gateway 4.6, Standard Edition running on the Model 2010
- Access Gateway VPX running Access Gateway 4.6.2, Standard Edition
- Access Gateway 9.2, Enterprise Edition
What the Platform License is
The platform license allows user connections to XenApp hosted applications or XenDesktop hosted desktops and do not use an Access Gateway Universal license for each connection. If you only want users to connect with online plug-ins or Desktop Receiver to XenApp or XenDesktop, the platform license is all that is required.
The Platform license is delivered electronically with all new Access Gateway orders, whether physical or virtual. If you already own an appliance covered by a warranty or maintenance agreement, you can obtain the platform license using the Product Upgrades/Fulfillment toolbox on My Citrix.
What the Universal License Is
The Access Gateway universal license limits the number of concurrent user sessions to the number of licenses purchased.
The universal license supports the following features:
- Full VPN tunnel
- Endpoint analysis
- Policy-based SmartAccess
- Clientless access to Web sites and file shares
If you purchase 100 licenses, you can have 100 concurrent sessions at any time. When a user ends a session, that license is released for the next user. A user who logs on to the Access Gateway from more than one computer occupies a license for each session.
If all licenses are occupied, no additional connections can be opened until a user ends a session or the administrator terminates the session using the configuration utility. When a connection is closed, the license is released and can be used for a new user.
- Receive the License Authorization Code (LAC) in email.
- Configure the Access Gateway with the host name using the Setup Wizard,
- Allocate the Access Gateway licenses from My Citrix. Use the host name to bind the licenses to the appliance during the allocation process.
- Install the license file on the Access Gateway.