Users receive the following message while connecting to an ICA session:
“Cannot connect to the Citrix server. Protocol Driver error”
Complete the following steps to isolate the connectivity issue:
- Verify that you are able to connect with RDP.
- Check the event viewer for:
Event Type: Warning
Event Source: TermServSessDir
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1020
Time: 6:05:30 PM
The "Session Directory Computers" group is empty, you must add the computer accounts of Terminal Servers into this group for the Session Directory service to work properly.
Caution! This fix requires you to edit the registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that might require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk. Be sure to back up the registry before you edit it.
DomainLicenseMulti: Reg_Multi_SZ: ServerName is not pointing to an old terminal licensing server (Windows 2000 server)
ServerName or IP address is not pointing to an old terminal licensing (Windows server)
- Verify that you can telnet to port 1494. If not, recreate the listener, open firewall ports if needed, or select the adapter that is enabled.
- If all the preceding steps are tested fine, add the line SSLCertificateRevocationCheckPolicy=NoCheck to the template.ica file.
CTX103637 – [Document Not Found]
- Delete the profile of the user, uninstall and reinstall the client.
- Proxy settings incompatibility between client and Web Interface settings
Additional Administrator Troubleshooting
Note: For this particular case, the error only happened when accessing the published applications through Web Interface.
The error might not occur on all workstations.
- The latest ICA client version is installed.
- Generate an .ICA file from the Management Console and save it to the workstation. The application starts successfully.
- Save the .ICA file generated through Web Interface to the problem workstation.
- Compare both the ICA files.
- Removed the ProxyType=Auto setting from the .ICA file generated through Web Interface. The application opens successfully.
- Set the Client-side Proxy settings in your admin console to “None”
CTX108782 – Error: Cannot connect to the Citrix MetaFrame server. Protocol Driver error.
CTX911130 – Error: 1030 - Protocol Driver Error Troubleshooting Steps and Suggestions
CTX106531 – Troubleshooting the Citrix XTE Service and Errors: There is no route to the specified address ... Protocol Driver Error