Hotfix readme name: MPSE300R05W2K3026.HTML
Hotfix package name: MPSE300R05W2K3026.MSI
For: Presentation Server 3.0 with Hotfix Rollup Pack MPSE300W2K3R05
Date: January, 2007
Language supported: English (US)
Readme version: 1.0
Important Note(s) about this Release
- This hotfix can be applied only to a Windows Server 2003 with Presentation Server 3.0 and Hotfix Rollup Pack MPSE300W2K3R05 installed.
- Caution! This hotfix may require you to edit the registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
Where to Find Documentation
This document describes the issue(s) solved by this hotfix and includes installation instructions. You can find more information about Presentation Server 3.0 in the Presentation Server Administrator's Guide. Documentation, including the Administrator's Guide, is in the Document Center located in the \documentation\docs directory on the Citrix Presentation Server CD. The Document Center provides a single point of access to the documentation and enables you to go directly to the section in the documentation that you need. You can access the Document Center from the product CD or install it on your servers.
If you prefer to access the guide without using the Document Center, navigate to the component PDF files using Windows Explorer. The guide is in an Adobe Portable Document (PDF) format file. To view, search, and print the documentation, you need Adobe Reader 5.0.5 or later with Search. You can download Adobe Reader for free from the Adobe Web site at http://www.adobe.com/.
All product documentation is also available from the Citrix Web site at http://www.citrix.com/support
Issue(s) Resolved in this Hotfix
- When users open a Microsoft Word document from a distributed file share (DFS), the application stops working.
- This fix addresses a security vulnerability. For more information, refer to the Citrix Security Bulletin CTX111686 at the Citrix Support Web site.
Installing and Uninstalling this Hotfix
- This hotfix is packaged with Microsoft Windows Installer 2.0 (msiexec) as a .msi file. You can deploy the hotfix package to a group of servers using Microsoft Active Directory Group Policy Object or using Citrix Installation Manager. For more information, see the Presentation Server Administrator’s Guide or the Citrix Installation Manager Administrator’s Guide. For more information about msiexec, see the Microsoft Web site at http://www.microsoft.com/. Search on keyword msiexec.
- If the need arises to restore the original settings and functionality provided by this hotfix, you must uninstall the hotfix before reinstalling it according to the installation instructions below.
To install this hotfix:
- Download the hotfix package from the Hotfixes and Service Packs page of the Citrix Web site at http://www.citrix.com.
- Copy the hotfix package to an empty directory on the hard drive of the MetaFrame server.
- Close all applications.
- Run the executable.
- Restart the server.
Note: To install this hotfix silently, use the /q option after the executable. Using the /q option without additional options automatically restarts the server.
To uninstall this hotfix:
- From the Start menu, select Settings > Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Highlight the hotfix you want to uninstall and click Remove.
- Follow the directions on-screen.
Files Updated (All Dates/Times EST)
Copyright © 2007 Citrix Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Citrix, MetaFrame, and MetaFrame XP are registered trademarks, and Citrix Presentation Server is a trademark of Citrix Systems, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners