Hotfix readme name: XE104R02W2K3031.HTML
Hotfix package name: XE104R02W2K3031.MSP
For: MetaFrame XP 1.0 with Feature Release 3/Service Pack 4 for Windows Server 2003 and Hotfix Rollup Pack XE104W2K3R02
Replaces: XE104R02W2K3007, XE104R02W2K3011, XE104R02W2K3013, XE104R02W2K3030
Date: January, 2007
Language supported: English (US)
Readme version: 1.0
Important Note(s) about this Release
- This hotfix can be applied only to a Windows Server 2003 with MetaFrame XP 1.0 with Feature Release 3/Service Pack 4 for Windows Server 2003 and Hotfix Rollup Pack XE104W2K3R02 installed.
- Caution! This hotfix may require you to edit the registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
Where to Find Documentation
This document describes the issue(s) solved by this hotfix and includes installation instructions. You can find more information about MetaFrame for Windows in the Administrator's Guide. The Administrator's Guide is in the \DOCS directory on the Citrix MetaFrame Server CD. All product documentation is also available from the Citrix Web site at http://www.citrix.com/support. The Administrator's Guide is in an Adobe Portable Document (PDF) format file. To view, search, and print the documentation, you need Adobe Reader 5.0.5 or later with Search. You can download Adobe Reader for free from the Adobe Web site at http://www.adobe.com/.
Issue(s) Resolved in this Hotfix
- When attempting to connect to a server, the following error message may appear, indicating that the server is fully loaded when, in fact, it is not:
"Cannot connect to the Citrix Server: The Citrix Server is not available, please try again later."
The issue occurs when either the non-paged or paged memory pool is depleted. This feature enhancement allows you to configure wdica.sys to allocate memory from a specific memory pool by using the following registry key/value:
0x1 causes wdica.sys to allocate from the system's non paged pool
0x2 causes wdica.sys to allocate from the system's paged pool
For more information, see Citrix knowledge base article CTX108553.
- At times of high server utilization, all sessions on heavily utilized servers may become unresponsive.
- This fix introduces improvements to support certain legacy applications when accessing mapped client drives.
- When attempting to unlock a smart card-authenticated session locked by a screen saver, you are prompted for a password rather than a PIN.
- At times of heavy utilization, time-out messages may be generated in the System Event Log; processes such as Terminal Service, SvcHost, and IMA Service may exhibit memory and/or handle accumulation, and sessions may appear to be unresponsive.
- Browsing local files and folders within ICA sessions may intermittently display zero objects within the local client drive.
- On occasion, printing large files causes the printer to be marked offline.
- After installing hotfix XE104R02W2K3011, the server fails unexpectedly with the error KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (8e).
- This fix addresses a security vulnerability. For more information, refer to the Citrix Security Bulletin CTX111686 at the Citrix Support Web site.
Installing and Uninstalling this Hotfix
- This hotfix is packaged with Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0 as a .msp file. For more information about deploying these, see Microsoft article 884016 or visit the Microsoft Web site and search on keyword msiexec.
- To install this hotfix successfully, servers must not have registry modification restrictions in place.
- This hotfix may or may not prompt you to restart the server when the installation or uninstallation is complete. If you are using the Access Suite Console, you must restart the server after installing or uninstalling this hotfix to ensure that the hotfix is added to or removed from the console 's hotfix inventory list.
- If the need arises to restore the original settings and functionality provided by this hotfix, you must uninstall the hotfix before reinstalling it according to the installation instructions below.
To install this hotfix
- Download the hotfix package from the Hotfixes and Service Packs page of the Citrix Web site at http://www.citrix.com.
- Copy the hotfix package to an empty folder on the hard drive of the server you want to update.
- Close all applications.
- Run the executable.
- Restart the server.
To uninstall this hotfix
- From the Start menu, select Settings > Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Highlight the hotfix you want to uninstall and click Remove.
- Follow the directions on-screen.
Files Updated (All Dates/Times EST)
Copyright © 2007 Citrix Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Citrix, MetaFrame, and MetaFrame XP are registered trademarks, and Citrix Presentation Server is a trademark of Citrix Systems, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners.