Hotfix readme name: PSE400W2K3X64032.HTML
Hotfix package name: PSE400W2K3X64032.MSP
For: Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 x64 Edition
Date: January, 2007
Language supported: English (US)
Readme version: 1.0
Important Note(s) about this Release
This hotfix may require you to edit the registry. Using Registry Editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require you to reinstall your operating system. Citrix cannot guarantee that problems resulting from the incorrect use of Registry Editor can be solved. Use Registry Editor at your own risk.
Where to Find Documentation
This document describes the issue(s) solved by this hotfix and includes installation
instructions. For more information, see your product Administrator's Guide
located on the product CD or installed on your servers. The guide is in an Adobe
Portable Document (PDF) format file. To view, search, and print the documentation,
you need Adobe Reader 5.0.5 or later with Search. You can download Adobe Reader
for free from the Adobe Web site at http://www.adobe.com.
All product documentation is also available from the Citrix Web site at http://www.citrix.com/support.
Issue(s) Resolved in this Hotfix
- This fix addresses a security vulnerability. For more information, refer to the Citrix Security Bulletin CTX111686 at the Citrix Support Web site.
Installing and Uninstalling this Hotfix
- This hotfix is packaged with Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0 as a .msp file. For more information
about deploying these, see Microsoft
article 884016 or visit the Microsoft
Web site and search on keyword msiexec.
- To install this hotfix successfully, servers must not have registry modification restrictions in place.
- This hotfix may or may not prompt you to restart the server when the installation
or uninstallation is complete. If you are using the Access Suite Console,
you must restart the server after installing or uninstalling this hotfix
to ensure that the hotfix is added to or removed from the console's
hotfix inventory list.
To install this hotfix:
- Download the hotfix package from the Hotfixes and Service Packs page of the Citrix Web site at http://www.citrix.com.
- Copy the hotfix package to an empty folder on the hard drive of the server
you want to update.
- Close all applications.
- Run the executable.
- Restart the server.
- If you are using the Access Suite Console, restart the server to ensure
the hotfix is added to the console's hotfix inventory list.
To uninstall this hotfix:
- From the Start menu, select Settings > Control Panel.
- In Control Panel, double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- Highlight the hotfix you want to uninstall and click Remove.
- Follow the directions on-screen.
- If you are using the Access Suite Console, restart the server to ensure the hotfix is removed from the console's hotfix inventory list.
Files Updated (All Dates/Times EST)
Copyright © 2007 Citrix Systems, Inc. All rights reserved.
Citrix, MetaFrame, and MetaFrame XP are registered trademarks, and Citrix Presentation Server is a trademark of Citrix Systems, Inc. in the United States and other countries.
All other trademarks and registered trademarks are the property of their respective owners